The history of higher electrical engineering education in Odessa begins with the history of the Odessa Polytechnic Institute (OPI) since September 1918. After the Civil War and by the mid-30's, the IPI has undergone many transformations. In particular, in 1934, as a result of another reorganization, the Odessa Industrial Institute (OI) was formed. He has a faculty of energy, the structure of which has opened an electrical department. Initially, there was only one department of electrical engineering in the OI, and in two years, in 1936 the first profile department of the "Electrical Equipment of Industrial Enterprises" was created. At this time, in conjunction with the industrial development of the country, there was a growing need for engineering personnel, which in 1938, led to the formation of an electrotechnical faculty (ETF) in the OII with three departments. The beginning of the war in 1941 suspended this development. But during the Second World War, the FTI taught students. Officially, the OI began working on April 18, 1944, but the full rebirth of the faculty took place in the summer of 1947. Responding to the request of the country and thanks to the teachers, in the mid 50's the output of electrician engineers from all branches reached 150 specialists a year. As before, the faculty produced engineers of one specialty of a broad category - "Electrification of industrial enterprises". In 1957-1960 academic years, the faculty opened new specialties: "Automation and telemechanics", "Radio engineering", "Design and manufacture of radio equipment", "Industrial electronics". In 1960, the first set of students was completed in the specialty "Electric Machines and Apparatus", and the specialty "Electrification of Industrial Enterprises" was divided into two. Since that time, in connection with the superiority of the electromechanical field of specialty of the faculty, he received the name of the electromechanical faculty (FEM). Reforms of the 60's and 70's gave a powerful impetus to the development of industrial production. Due to this, in the 60 ... 80's the number of doctors of sciences has increased on the faculty. Many scientific developments of the faculty have a general industrial significance. The educational base of the faculty has considerably expanded after the commissioning of the new three-story laboratory building in 1972. In connection with the development and growth of the role of automation in all fields, the faculty in 1978 received a new name - the Faculty of Automation and Electrification of Industry (FAEІ). In the 90's, the FAEІ departments continued their development. In 1995, the specialized Scientific Council for the Defense of Theses was opened at the Faculty. In 1996 a new specialty "Electric Transport" was opened. In 1998, the regional center for energy saving and energy management began to operate, which contributed to the opening of the new specialty "Energy Management" in 1999, the department of EPA, paying tribute to the change of priorities in automated control systems, was renamed in 1997 in the department "Electromechanical systems from the computer Computer Management "(EMSKU). In order to unite scientific potential in 1999, the unification of two general engineering departments took place in one - the department of theoretical foundations and general electrical engineering. The institute has been formed and there are scientific schools in the field of electromechanics and electrical engineering, known in Ukraine and abroad. Their founders were professors Balashov KK, Koritin O. M., Petrov LP, Zakharov M.K., Gerasimyak R.P. In addition to scientific and technical achievements, these schools gave the country hundreds of scientists and educators, many of whom worked in IEE and continue to work now. In different years IEE graduated from thousands of graduates who worked or worked at different positions and made a significant contribution to the development of our homeland.